Without a question, one of the most important marketing skills you can learn is search engine optimization (SEO).
You can validate the value of your content marketing efforts while building campaigns or strategies to boost your brand’s search engine ranks for relevant keywords or terms if you know how to undertake SEO analysis and report the proper metrics to your manager or CEO.
We’ll look at what SEO is and why it’s vital, as well as the finest SEO analysis tools for beginners, in the sections below.
Simply download our checklist if you’re seeking for a portable version of these SEO Reporting Tools. It will teach you all you need to know about performing a thorough SEO analysis.
Read More: Top 6 Software Solutions for the Travel Business in 2022
Table of Contents
The importance of SEO reporting
You can learn more about your company’s existing organic traffic sources and how customers engage with your website by conducting an SEO analysis.
You’re unlikely to develop content that provides direct value to your audience or is judged indexable by search engines like Google if you don’t take an analytical approach to your SEO strategy. You will quickly fall behind the pack if you do not rank for the proper key terms or increase your online authority.
SEO reporting tools will act as your eyes in the dark, providing you with the insights, data, and information you need to constantly improve your search engine optimization strategy across every channel and touchpoint imaginable (from blog and landing pages to Facebook, YouTube, and beyond).
In today’s hyper-connected, tech-driven world, there are a variety of free SEO analysis tools available that may reveal where your on-page and off-page SEO strategies are working and where they could be improved.
Let’s get started.
Google Search Console and Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a trustworthy platform that provides a plethora of information on your customers’ demographics, preferences, engagement activities, and browsing patterns as the key go-to tool for digital marketers (among other important insights).
The nice part with Google Analytics is that there are numerous free practical how-to guides available on how to utilize and navigate the site. Take a peek at our Google Analytics Goals Guide to get started: For tips on how to get the most of the platform, see How to Set Up and Track Your Bottom-Line KPIs.
Google Analytics and Google Search Console are tools for SEO analysis that can help you track a variety of relevant metrics based on your individual search-related goals and benchmarks.
To discover patterns, identify difficulties or weaknesses, and analyze your ongoing performance, pay attention to the following Google Analytics and Search Console SEO metrics:
- Where your pages or content rank for specific keywords or search queries is known as keyword rankings.
- Organic traffic: a clear indicator of the organic traffic you’re getting from your SEO activities.
- Organic click-through rate: a metric that will tell you if your title tags and meta descriptions are motivating web searchers to click through and interact with your content. Organic conversions: report data that will tell you if your SEO content is impactful and relevant enough to close conversions. You can track conversions like email newsletter signups, free trial or demo signups, and transactions, for example.
- Top exit pages: this SEO metric will display the site or landing pages that users are leaving the most. You can pinpoint where you need to update your content to improve engagement rates and, in turn, boost your search authority once you’ve discovered your top exit pages.
- Your domain authority is significant since it will inform you how trustworthy search engines (especially Google) consider your brand and website, as well as how linkable or share-worthy your content is to other people or brands.
You should also be aware of certain Google Analytics competitors, as well as a useful tool called URL Profiler, which combines data from Google Analytics and Google Search Console into a single interface.
If you want to conduct keyword SEO analysis and discuss your findings or recommendations with your boss or CEO, KWFinder’s interface is simple, logical, and visually appealing.
KWFinder, a clever Mangools innovation, allows you to run domain-based keyword searches and observe what terms your competitors are using.
By entering a keyword discovery search into the site, you’ll get fast access to a rich combination of simple data that will help you compile lists of effective keywords for certain SEO campaigns, content, or activities. The following is some useful information:
- A keyword difficulty visualization based on a graph that shows how much overall traffic competition there is for a certain keyword or term.
- A popularity and trend chart for keywords that illustrates search volumes over time.
- A comprehensive list of related keywords, along with search volume, difficulty, and PPC costs: a valuable statistic for any paid marketing research or reporting
- A keyword questions tab will display the most popular or relevant questions people are asking about a particular topic. This is especially useful if you’re wanting to update or enhance existing content in order to better match a searcher’s intent or get rich snippet rankings.
You can undertake extensive analysis on new keywords for optimizing existing content as well as the phrases you anticipate will prove most effective for new or emerging search-based campaigns using this melting pot of data. You can export your prospect lists and findings into a CSV-based report once you’ve gathered your data.
Unbounce Landing Page Analyzer
It’s difficult to overstate the importance of user experience (UX) in digital marketing and its impact on search engine results; on-page SEO analysis based on navigability and usability is critical.
While Unbounce has a lot of technical tools and features, the landing page analyzer is ideal for novices who want to do UX-based on-page SEO analysis.
Unbounce’s algorithm will deliver up a basic report that gives an overall page score while going further into the UX-centric features that matter once you type the appropriate URL into the platform and explain your page’s goal keywords.
Unbounce’s on-page analyser tool includes a statistic for Message Match (a score based on the relevancy and value of your page content—or, in other words, a rating on how well it delivers on its promises)—a major SEO ranking element.
You’ll be able to examine what’s working and what needs to be improved because Unbounce measures a mix of critical UX and performance-centric elements. Unbounce’s on-page report also includes a color-coded priority list of the actual steps you’ll need to do to improve the UX, content, design components, and messaging on your pages for better SEO results.
Simply register, familiarize yourself with the site, enter your URL, and begin analyzing. In a matter of minutes, you’ll have access to a variety of priceless SEO analysis information thanks to this tool’s easy and visually accessible interface.
Your page speed performance will have an impact on your company’s overall SEO performance, in addition to the quality and shareability of your content, your domain authority, and your UX offers.
PageSpeed Insights is a free, easy-to-use tool that provides extensive Core Web Vitals assessments as well as a breakdown of your page’s speed and loading performance. The visualizations are straightforward to understand, and a single search yields a complete list of recommendations to help you enhance the performance of your pages.
You can delve deeper into the platform’s recommendations (based on mobile or desktop analysis) or cherry-pick what you think is most relevant or helpful and present your results to senior business stakeholders. A simple tool that will give your ongoing SEO reporting and strategy an added degree of intelligence.
A sophisticated keyword suggestion and research tool with a highly dynamic visual interface and workflow optimization capabilities.
A one-click keyword suggestion tool that recommends appropriate terms that will improve your content for specific audiences.
Screaming Frog’s SEO Spider tool
This nifty platform is ideal for technical and UX-based activities or efforts, and it’s a terrific SEO tool for a website or on-page optimization and evaluation.
Site audits, keyword research, content comparisons, and rank tracking can all be done from the same interface with this all-in-one SEO tool.
Another well-known and versatile SEO program that is especially useful for rank tracking and backlink research.