In this article, we’ll go over several easy ways to change Mac wallpaper. Are you tired of looking at the same old wallpaper on your Mac every day? change wallpaper on Mac can breathe new life into your device and make it more enjoyable to use. Fortunately, change wallpaper on Mac is a simple process that anyone can do.
Table of Contents
Why Change Mac Wallpaper?
Before we dive into the various methods to change Mac wallpaper, let’s briefly discuss why you might want to do so. Here are a few reasons:
- Personalization: Your Mac’s wallpaper is one of the most visible aspects of your device. By changing it, you can make your Mac feel more personalized and reflective of your style.
- Inspiration: If you’re feeling uninspired or unmotivated, changing your wallpaper to something that inspires you can help give you a boost.
- Variety: Let’s face it: looking at the same wallpaper day after day can get boring. Changing your wallpaper frequently can keep things fresh and interesting.
Now that we’ve covered why you might want to change your Mac’s wallpaper, let’s dive into the how.
Using System Preferences
The most straightforward way to changer Mac wallpaper is to use the built-in System Preferences app. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the Apple menu in the top left corner of your screen.
- Click on System Preferences.
- Click on Desktop & Screen Saver.
- Click on the Desktop tab.
- Browse through the pre-installed wallpapers until you find one you like.
- Click on the image to select it.
- Close the System Preferences app.
That’s it! Your wallpaper should now be updated to the one you selected.
Using a Custom Image
To Change Mac Wallpaper, If you have an image that you’d like to use as your wallpaper, you can easily set it as your background using the following steps:
- Find the image you’d like to use as your wallpaper.
- Right-click on the image and select Set Desktop Picture.
That’s it! Your wallpaper should now be updated to the image you selected.
Using the Photos App
To Change Mac Wallpaper, If you have a favorite photo that you’d like to use as your wallpaper, you can also set it as your background using the Photos app. Here’s how:
- Open the Photos app on your Mac.
- Select the photo you’d like to use as your wallpaper.
- Click on File in the menu bar.
- Hover over Set Desktop Picture.
- Select Set Both or Set Lock Screen.
That’s it! Your wallpaper should now be updated to the photo you selected.
Using Third-Party Apps
If you want even more options to change Mac wallpaper, there are several third-party apps you can use. Here are a few popular ones:
- Wallpaper Wizard: This app offers a huge selection of high-quality wallpapers and allows you to set up a rotating wallpaper collection.
- Unsplash Wallpapers: This app offers access to over a million free, high-resolution images that you can use as your wallpaper.
- Irvue: This app pulls in images from various sources, including Reddit and Unsplash, and lets you set up a rotating wallpaper collection.
Changing your Mac’s wallpaper is a simple process that can help breathe new life into your device. Whether you use the built-in System Preferences app, a custom image, or a third-party app, the possibilities for customization are endless. Experiment with different wallpapers to find one that reflects your style and personality. With the easy methods outlined in this article, you can change your Mac’s wallpaper in just a few clicks.
- Can I use my own photos as wallpaper on a Mac?
Yes, you can easily use your own photos as wallpaper on a Mac using the Photos app or by right-clicking on the image and selecting “Set Desktop Picture.”
- Is it possible to have a rotating wallpaper collection on a Mac?
Yes, you can set up a rotating wallpaper collection on a Mac using third-party apps like Wallpaper Wizard or Irvue.
- Can I use a video as Mac wallpaper on a Mac?
Yes, you can use a video as wallpaper on a Mac using third-party apps like Wallpaper Engine or VLC.
- Why is changing your Mac wallpaper important?
Changing your wallpaper can help keep your device feeling fresh and personalized. It can also provide inspiration and motivation, and help prevent boredom from seeing the same wallpaper day after day.
- Are there any downsides to using third-party wallpaper apps?
Some third-party wallpaper apps may have limited customization options or require payment for certain features. Additionally, some apps may use a lot of system resources and slow down your Mac. It’s important to do your research and choose a reputable app to avoid any potential issues.