Do you know how to use Add-Ons in Google Docs? Google Docs is a powerful word-processing application that allows users to create, edit, and collaborate on documents online. One of the most valuable features of Google Docs is its ability to integrate with a wide range of third-party add-ons that can improve productivity and extend the functionality of the application. In this article, we will explore how to use add-ons in Google Docs in 2023.
Read More: How to Compare Documents in Google Docs
Table of Contents
What are Add-Ons in Google Docs?
Add-ons are third-party tools that can be integrated with Google Docs to enhance its functionality. These tools are available from the G Suite Marketplace, which is a collection of applications and add-ons that can be used with Google’s suite of productivity tools, including Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
Add-ons can be used to perform a wide range of tasks in Google Docs, from formatting and editing to document management and workflow automation. Some add-ons are designed to improve productivity by automating repetitive tasks, while others are focused on adding new features and functionality to the application.
How to Install Add-Ons in Google Docs
To use add-ons in Google Docs, you first need to install them from the G Suite Marketplace. Here are the steps to install add-ons in Google Docs:
- Open Google Docs and create a new document.
- Click on the “Add-ons” menu and select “Get add-ons.”
- Browse through the available add-ons or search for a specific one using the search bar.
- Click on the add-on you want to install and then click the “Install” button.
- Review the permissions required by the add-on and click “Continue” to proceed.
- Once the add-on is installed, it will appear in the “Add-ons” menu.
How to Use Add-Ons in Google Docs
Using add-ons in Google Docs is a great way to increase your productivity and add more functionality to your documents. Here are the steps to use add-ons in Google Docs:
Read More: How to Use Add-Ons in Google Docs 2023]
- Open your Google Doc and click on the “Add-ons” menu in the top toolbar.
- Click on “Get add-ons” to browse the add-ons available in the G Suite Marketplace.
- Browse the add-ons and click on the one you want to use. You can also search for add-ons by name or by function using the search bar.
- Click on the “Install” button for the add-on you want to use. If the add-on is not free, you may need to provide payment information.
- Once the add-on is installed, it will appear in the “Add-ons” menu in your Google Doc.
- Click on the add-on to open its interface and start using its features. Some add-ons may require you to grant permission for them to access your Google account or specific Google Docs.
- You can also manage your add-ons by clicking on “Manage add-ons” in the “Add-ons” menu. From there, you can uninstall or disable add-ons that you no longer need or want to use.
With add-ons, you can do things like creating and inserting diagrams, track changes, and access a thesaurus directly within your document.
Google Docs is a powerful word processing tool that can be enhanced with various add-ons to improve your productivity and streamline your workflow. Add-ons are third-party applications that can be integrated directly into Google Docs to provide extra features and functionality.
To use add-ons in Google Docs, you can simply click on the Add-ons tab in the menu bar and choose “Get add-ons” to browse and install available add-ons. Once installed, the add-ons will appear in the Add-ons tab, and you can access them to perform various tasks, such as language translation, document formatting, and citation management.
One of the key benefits of using add-ons in Google Docs is that they can help you save time and effort by automating repetitive tasks and adding new features to the program. For example, the Grammarly add-on can help you improve your writing by checking your spelling and grammar in real time, while the EasyBib add-on can generate citations for your sources with just a few clicks.