Netgear ReadyNAS 516 is one such device that promises to be the perfect storage solution for businesses and individuals alike.
In today’s digital age, data storage has become an essential part of our daily lives. From businesses to individuals, everyone relies on data storage devices to store their important files, documents, and media.In this review, we will take a detailed look at the Netgear ReadyNAS 516 and see if it lives up to its promises.
The Netgear ReadyNAS 516 is a network-attached storage (NAS) device that is designed for small to medium-sized businesses. It is a high-performance storage solution that is capable of handling large amounts of data with ease. The device comes equipped with six bays, which can be populated with either 3.5-inch or 2.5-inch hard drives or solid-state drives (SSDs). It also comes with two Gigabit Ethernet ports, two USB 3.0 ports, and two eSATA ports.
The design of the Netgear ReadyNAS 516 is simple and straightforward. It is a black rectangular box with a silver strip running across the front panel. The six bays are located at the front of the device, and they are protected by a lockable front panel. The front panel also features LED indicators for power, network activity, and hard drive activity. The rear panel of the device houses the Ethernet, USB, and eSATA ports, as well as a power connector and a power switch.
Installation and Setup:
Installing and setting up the Netgear ReadyNAS 516 is a breeze. The device comes with a Quick Start Guide that provides step-by-step instructions on how to get started. The first step is to install the hard drives or SSDs into the bays. Once the drives are installed, the device can be connected to the network using one of the Ethernet ports. The device can be accessed using a web browser, and the user interface is intuitive and easy to navigate.
The Netgear ReadyNAS 516 is packed with features that make it a versatile storage solution for businesses and individuals. Some of the notable features of the device are:
- Dual Core Intel Ivy Bridge Processor: The device is powered by a dual-core Intel Ivy Bridge processor, which provides the necessary processing power to handle large amounts of data.
- 4 GB RAM: The device comes with 4 GB of RAM, which ensures smooth performance even when multiple users are accessing the device simultaneously.
- RAID Support: The device supports various RAID configurations, including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, and 10, which provide data redundancy and protection against data loss.
- Data Protection: The device comes with various data protection features, including continuous data protection (CDP), snapshotting, and backup to the cloud.
- High Availability: The device is designed for high availability, and it comes with features like redundant power supplies and hot-swappable hard drives.
- Third-party App Support: The device supports various third-party apps, including Dropbox, Plex, and WordPress, which provide additional functionality to the device.
The performance of the Netgear ReadyNAS 516 is impressive. The device is capable of delivering read and write speeds of up to 200 MB/s, which makes it suitable for storing and streaming large media files. The device also comes with advanced data protection features, which ensure that the data stored on the device is safe and secure.
After thoroughly reviewing the Netgear ReadyNAS 516, it is safe to say that this device is truly ready for anything. It is a versatile and high-performance storage solution that can meet the storage needs of small to medium-sized businesses and individuals alike. The device comes equipped with advanced features and is designed to ensure high availability and data protection.