Discord Reactive Images is a popular communication platform among gamers, communities, and businesses. It offers various features, including voice and text chat, screen sharing, and file sharing. One of its exciting features is reactive images, which allow users to add interactive images to their chats. In this article, we will guide beginners on how to work with Discord reactive images.
Table of Contents
Understanding Reactive Images in Discord
Discord Reactive Images are images that can be interacted with in chat. When a user hovers over a reactive image, it changes its appearance. The image can also display a tooltip message when clicked or hovered over. Reactive images are commonly used in Discord to add fun and engagement to conversations.
Enabling Discord Developer Mode
Before working with Discord Reactive Images, you need to enable developer mode in Discord. Developer mode allows you to access various settings and functions, including the ability to add custom emotes and reactive images. To enable developer mode, follow these steps:
- Open Discord and go to User Settings.
- Click on Appearance and scroll down to Advanced.
- Toggle on Developer Mode.
Creating a Reactive Image
To create Discord Reactive Images, you need an image editing tool. You can use any software, including Photoshop, GIMP, or Canva. Here are the steps to create a reactive image:
- Open your image editing software and create a new file with the recommended size of 128×128 pixels.
- Design your image using your preferred style and color.
- Save your image in PNG format and name it according to your preference.
- Upload your image to a hosting service like Imgur or Discord.
Adding a Reactive Image to Discord
After creating your reactive image, you can add it to your Discord server to Work with Discord Reactive Images. Here are the steps to add a reactive image:
- Open Discord and go to Server Settings.
- Click on Emoji and then click on Upload Emoji.
- Choose your reactive image from your file directory or drag and drop it into the upload box.
- Add a name for your reactive image. This name will be used to call your reactive image in chats.
- Click Save.
Using Reactive Images in Discord
After adding a reactive image to your server, you can use it in chats. Here are the steps to use a reactive image:
- Open the chat window where you want to use your reactive image.
- Type the name of your reactive image, preceded by a colon, e.g., my_reactive_image:
- Send the message.
Customizing Reactive Image Settings
You can customize the settings of your reactive images to change their appearance or behavior. Here are the settings you can change:
You can change the size of your reactive image by adding the size parameter after the name, e.g., my_reactive_image:16×16:
You can add a tooltip message to your reactive image by adding the message parameter after the name, e.g., my_reactive_image:message:
You can add animation to your reactive image by adding multiple frames to your image file. Discord will cycle through the frames, creating an animation effect.
Discord-reactive images are a fun and engaging way to add more life to your conversations. By following the steps outlined in this article, beginners can easily create and use reactive images in Discord
1. Can I use any image format for reactive images in Discord?
No, reactive images in Discord must be in PNG format.
2. How many reactive images can I add to my Discord server?
The number of reactive images you can add depends on your server’s emoji limit.
3. Can I use copyrighted images for reactive images in Discord?
No, it’s important to use images that you have the legal rights to use. Using copyrighted images without permission can result in legal issues.
4. Can I use reactive images in DMs (direct messages) on Discord Reactive Images?
Yes, you can use reactive images in DMs just like in server chats.
5. Can I delete a reactive image once it’s uploaded to Discord?
Yes, you can delete reactive images by going to Server Settings > Emoji and clicking on the trash icon next to the image you want to delete.
Overall, Discord Reactive Images are a great way to add personality and fun to your Discord conversations. By following the steps outlined in this article, beginners can create and use reactive images with ease. So, go ahead and spice up your chats with some reactive images!