The Steam Deck is a portable gaming device developed by Valve Corporation, designed to run PC games on the go. The device comes with a 7-inch touchscreen, an AMD APU, and can play games from the Steam library. However, if you also have games from the Epic Games Store, you might wonder how to get those games onto your Steam Deck. In this guide, we will explain how to get your Epic Games library on the Steam Deck in detail, step by step.
Table of Contents
Before we start, make sure you have the following:
- A Steam Deck device
- An Epic Games Store account
- An internet connection
- A PC or laptop
- Install the Epic Games Store on your PC or laptop
Read more: What Mythology Is Next for God of War?
If you haven’t already, download and install the Epic Games Store on your PC or laptop. You can download it from the Epic Games website. Once the installation is complete, log in to your account.
Download your Epic Games
After logging in, you can now download your Epic Games. Click on the Library tab, and then select the game you want to download. Click on the Install button, and the game will start downloading.
Copy the game files
Once the download is complete, you need to copy the game files to your Steam Deck. Connect your Steam Deck to your PC or laptop using a USB-C cable. Your Steam Deck should appear as a storage device on your computer. Open the Steam Deck storage and create a new folder named “Epic Games” (without the quotes).
Navigate to the folder where your Epic Games are stored on your PC or laptop. By default, they are located in “C:\Program Files\Epic Games”. Find the game you want to copy to your Steam Deck, and copy the entire folder to the “Epic Games” folder you created on your Steam Deck.
Add the game to Steam
To play your Epic Games on the Steam Deck, you need to add them to your Steam library. Open Steam on your PC or laptop and click on the “Add a game” button at the bottom left corner of the Steam window. Select “Add a Non-Steam game” from the drop-down menu.
A new window will appear, showing a list of all the applications installed on your computer. Scroll down until you find the “Epic Games” folder you created earlier, and select the game you want to add. Click on the “Add selected programs” button, and the game will be added to your Steam library.
Enable Steam Play
To play your Epic Games on the Steam Deck, you need to enable Steam Play. Steam Play is a feature that allows you to play Windows games on Linux-based operating systems like the SteamOS on the Steam Deck.
To enable Steam Play, open Steam on your PC or laptop and click on the “Steam” menu at the top left corner of the window. Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu, and then click on the “Steam Play” tab.
Check the box next to “Enable Steam Play for supported titles” and “Enable Steam Play for all other titles”. Click on the “OK” button to save the changes.
Sync your Steam library
To play your Epic Games on the Steam Deck, you need to sync your Steam library. To do this, connect your Steam Deck to the internet and log in to your Steam account. Your Steam library should automatically sync with your Steam Deck.
If your library does not sync automatically, click on the “Steam” menu at the top left corner of the window and select “Settings”. Click on the “Remote Play” tab and check the box next to “Enable Remote Play”.
- On your Steam Deck, launch the Steam client and sign in to your account. If you haven’t set up your Steam Deck yet, follow the prompts to do so.
- Once you’re signed in, click on the “Add a Game” button in the bottom left corner of the Steam client.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, select “Add a Non-Steam Game.”
- In the window that pops up, click on the “Browse” button and navigate to the folder where your Epic Games Launcher is installed. The default location is usually “C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win32\EpicGamesLauncher.exe”.
- Select the “EpicGamesLauncher.exe” file and click on “Open.”
- Back in the “Add a Non-Steam Game” window, you should see “Epic Games Launcher” listed in the “Selected programs” section. Click on the “Add selected programs” button.
- The Epic Games Launcher should now appear in your Steam library. Double-click on it to launch it.
- Once the Epic Games Launcher is open, sign in to your account.
- From your library, select the game you want to play and click on the “Install” button. Choose the directory where you want the game to be installed on your Steam Deck.
- Wait for the game to finish installing, and then click on the “Play” button to start it.
That’s it! You should now be able to play your Epic Games Library on your Steam Deck.